Traditional procurement is considered successful when you have bought the ‘right solution’ at the ‘right time’. Traditional procurement focuses on buying decisions made on price and with a ‘silo’ perspective. Most procurement departments, especially those in smaller and medium sized enterprises, operate in this way.
Successful organisations adopt procurement policies which focus on supply management as a whole, on total value and ROI. Procurement expectations include total value improvement on revenues, costs, working capital, and capital expenditures. This involves a proactive approach to integrating procurement practices with organizational strategies and developing an in depth knowledge of the solutions market.
ICT procurement in particular is one of the most complex, dynamic and costly decisions a company will make. Considerations such as integration with legacy systems, future capacity calculations and predictable future technology developments are essential. As solutions become more complex in this fast paced and ever evolving area, poor and wrong decisions are becoming easier to make and more expensive to put right.
EBA Consultancy Services
Following over 15 years of successfully supporting the sustainable development of Africa’s Telecom and ICT sectors, Extensia ltd has added to it’s annual series of high level business summits by launching a bespoke consulting service called Extensia Bridge Associates (EBA).
EBA leverages in house strengths combined with an international community of industry professionals from across Africa to offer consultancy in the most important areas of ICT development in Africa.
Our Associates offer guidance, roadmap development, procurement and vendor management services as well as project rollout and management in areas of:
- Smart Villages/Buildings: Last Mile Solutions, Hotspots, VOD, Convergence and Telecoms
- Cloud/Hosting: SaaS, Managed Solutions, Co-Location, Servers
- Connectivity: Last Mile – Fibre & Wireless Networks (2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz & TVWS), LTE, Spectrum & Fibre
- Network Optimisation: Total network management, Security, Optimisation, Network integration
- Telecoms: ISP Business Modelling, Data Aggregation, Product Development, Vendor/Reseller Contracts with 3rd Party (National) Telecoms Vendors
- VSAT: Satellite, VSAT & Value Add (Vehicle Tracking)
- VoIP: PBX (Hardware), Hosted IP PBX, Carriers/Partners
- WAN: IP Networks, VPN’s
- Mobile Banking: Mobile Wallet platforms
Through our unique and extensive experience in the industry, Extensia have also developed close relationships with leading solution providers and consultants who complement our in house consulting capabilities and enable us to offer a full, turnkey solution to our clients.
- IoT/M2M (Machine-to-Machine)
- Data Centres
- Mobile – Network Development
- Switches – Data Security
- Hospitality Telecoms & VOD
- Broadcasting – VSAT & Terrestrial
- Software Solutions: e-government solutions
Depending on your requirements, EBA can support the development of your vision into a roadmap with real milestones, targets and measureable objectives based on industry best practices, actual case studies and best in class solutions currently available in the market. The creation of this clarity of vision enables you, with the guidance of EBA, to forecast financial budgets, realistic time frames and make solid proposals for board approval if required.
EBA can manage your vendor selection processes or support your existing procurement procedures giving you a single point of contact for a multi-vendor requirement. EBA will pro-actively source companies who we feel will be the best fit for your project requirements and directly approach the top decision makers from these companies to encourage their participation in your selection process. EBA can negotiate terms with all vendors and ensure you avoid vendor lock-in contracts.