Addis Ababa, Helios Towers plc. (“Helios Towers”), the independent telecoms tower infrastructure company, today announces its sponsorship of this year’s Innovation Africa Digital (IAD) Summit, which will take place on 6-7 April 2020, at the Sheraton Addis, Ethiopia.
Helios Towers have been confirmed as the IAD Summit’s exclusive TowerCo sponsor for the second consecutive year, and partner of the event since 2012. Helios Towers’ delegation will be led by its Group CEO, Kash Pandya, along with the Company’s senior executives. Prominent African mobile network operators are also sponsoring this year’s conference and will take part in key discussions over the course of the two-day event.
Helios Towers will join Africa’s telecom leaders in what will be a momentous year for Ethiopia, due to the country’s long anticipated liberalisation of its telecommunications sector. IAD 2020 will be hosted in partnership between Extensia and the Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MiNT) Ethiopia.
Kash Pandya, CEO of Helios Towers plc, said today: “Helios Towers has long supported the growing telecommunications sector in Ethiopia. We remain wholly committed to the region and have sponsored the IAD Summit since 2012, where Helios Towers has been the only towers company to participate. We look forward to partaking in this year’s summit, encouraging engaging discussions and celebrating the liberalisation of Ethiopia’s ICT sector, which we hope will bring demonstrable benefits and significant opportunities for the country.”
Tariq Malik, CEO of Extensia, said: “Extensia is proud to confirm Helios Towers as one the IAD Summit’s primary sponsors. The Company’s participation and contribution to the Summit’s panel discussions will help make the IAD Summit the most important Telecom and ICT event in Africa, this year. Helios Towers have supported the Summit for almost a decade, and we thank them for their continued support.”
Notes to editors
- The 18th annual IAD Summit continues with the important theme of Accelerating National ICT Agendas.
- IAD 2020 will explore the opportunities presented by cloud computing, 5G, FinTech, artificial intelligence and rural connectivity.
- The Summit will also look to address the policy and regulation strategies that will lead the continent into the new decade.
- Global ICT leaders will share thoughts, ideas and best practices with an audience of up to 500 Ministers, Regulators, service providers and major end users from across Africa.
- To find out more: https://extensia-events.com/events/innovation-africa-digital-summit-2020/
Helios Towers: FTI Consulting LLP, Edward Bridges / Stephanie Ellis (+44 (0)20 3727 1000)
Extensia: Myles Freedman firstname.lastname@example.org
About Helios Towers
- Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications tower infrastructure company in Africa, having established one of the continent’s most extensive tower portfolio with c. 7,000 towers across five countries. Helios Towers builds and manages telecom passive infrastructure, leasing it to mobile operators.
- Helios Towers owns and operates more sites than any other operator in each of Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo (“DRC”), and Congo Brazzaville. It is also a leading operator in Ghana with a strong urban presence.
- Helios Towers pioneered the sale-leaseback model in Africa, buying towers that were held by single operators and providing services utilising the tower infrastructure to the seller and other operators. This allows wireless operators to outsource non-core tower-related activities, enabling them to focus their capital and managerial resources on providing higher quality services more cost-effectively.
- Extensia is a trusted advisor to many ICT policymakers, regulators, service providers and major end users from across Africa.
- Extensia has hosted high-level business summits and facilitated business deals across the continent over the past 18 years with the IAD summit being this flagship event hosted annually for the past 18 years in 9 different countries.