https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Since last year, several countries, faced with their digital gaps during the Covid-19, have taken out loans to accelerate their transformation. Rwanda, which is among the African nations with a commendable level of digital preparation, has also decided to go beyond its current achievements. The World Bank announced on 1 st December approving funding of $ 100 million...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Africa’s digital economy has the potential to reach US$180-billion by 2025, approximately 5% of the continent’s GDP, according to market research by the International Finance Corporation and Google and referenced by Vodacom in its announcement that it intends to expand its managed service Cloud Connect offering. The mobile network operator says Cloud Connect “provides businesses...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Launched two years ago, the schoolchildren’s Internet access project promoted by UNICEF is gradually taking shape. Several renowned partners continue to provide their expertise and funding. Several countries are already affected. Liquid Intelligent Technologies signed a partnership agreement, Wednesday, December 1, with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). Through this partnership, the fiber optic connectivity provider will support...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

MTN Nigeria has launched a national roadshow to engage interested retail investors in the on-going offer by MTN Group for shares in MTN Nigeria. The first event of the roadshow has been held in Abuja. According to MTN, the company’s Group Chairman Mcebisi Jonas and MTN Group President and CEO Ralph Mupita attended the roadshow,...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has announced that it is set to supervise the country’s second proof of concept (PoC) trial of 5G technology on 2 December. The trial will be conducted by Airtel Nigeria and its ‘original equipment manufacturer’ in Abuja. As previously reported by CommsUpdate, MTN became the first mobile network operator to trial 5G...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

ArabFinance: Telecom Egypt (ETEL) has no intention to change its stake in Vodafone Egypt in the meantime, Hapi Journal reported, citing the Egyptian Minister of Communications and Information Technology Amr Talaat. Telecom Egypt’s stake in Vodafone Egypt amounts to 45%, while the global Vodafone Group holds the remaining stake of 55%. Telecom Egypt previously announced that Vodafone Group...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Nine months after its official launch in Mauritania, Mattel’s 4G already covers five cities in the country. The telecoms company has planned to intensify its efforts to develop its presence in the various wilayas. The mobile operator Mattel, a subsidiary of Tunisie Telecom in Mauritania, announced Friday, November 26, the extension of its 4G coverage beyond...