https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Equipment has started arriving in the country for the third phase of NetOne’s US$71 million mobile broadband expansion that will see construction of over 260 new base stations, with President Mnangagwa expected to commission the roll out of the new expansion. Deputy Minister of Information Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services Dingumuzi Phuti said this...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

State-run mobile telecommunications firm, NetOne says last year’s strategic expansion into outback markets resulted in 500 000 additional subscribers of the company’s mobile money platform OneMoney. NetOne is the only mobile network operator to have increased market share during the year ended 31 December 2020, according to the Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

FORMER NetOne chief executive officer, Lazarus Muchenje, who was recently fired on three months’ notice has lost his case challenging termination of his contract after the High Court ruled that it had no jurisdiction to deal with purely labour matters. Muchenje has been fired three times since last year, but all termination letters were withdrawn...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

The third phase of Zimbabwe telecommunication firm NetOne’s national expansion project is scheduled to begin in earnest in Q1 2021 at an estimated cost of US$71-million. This as the government intensifies its focus on broadband infrastructure deployment and access to digital services. ICT Minister Jenfan Muswere confirmed that the project was expected to upgrade the...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

FORMER NetOne chief executive, Lazarus Muchenje, will now stand trial on four different charges where he is jointly charged with other company employees on criminal abuse of office. This comes after the State decided to separate the charges depending on how the offences were committed. The other employees jointly charged with Muchenje are Darlington Gutu,...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

NETONE chief executive Lazarus Muchenje yesterday got a second reprieve after the High Court suspended the termination of his employment contract until the NetOne board has a chance to file its reply to an application to reverse the dismissal pending the final resolution of the labour dispute. Muchenje went to the High Court on Monday...