https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Since last year, several countries, faced with their digital gaps during the Covid-19, have taken out loans to accelerate their transformation. Rwanda, which is among the African nations with a commendable level of digital preparation, has also decided to go beyond its current achievements. The World Bank announced on 1 st December approving funding of $ 100 million...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

In recent years, the government of Rwanda has forged various partnerships with international technology companies. The country which aims to make digital technology a pillar of its socioeconomic growth now has a renowned partner by its side. The Republic of Rwanda, through its Ministry of ICT and Innovation, has announced its collaboration with the American company...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

MTN Rwanda has selected its long-time partner, Ericsson, to deploy a Network Operations Centre (NOC). The five-year contract will support MTN Rwanda to focus on enhancing consumer experience through Ericsson’s Managed Services solution that will deliver an automation-driven IT operation. Ericsson will provide NOC for a range of MTN Rwanda’s applications and the corresponding IT...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

In 2020, following the takeover of the company OneWeb by Great Britain and Bharti Entreprise, the government of Rwanda lost its privileged access to the constellation of OneWeb satellites. Currently, he is attempting a more direct approach, rich in opportunities. The Republic of Rwanda has submitted a request to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in Geneva...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

Rwanda has reviewed its SIM card registration process in a bid to curtail rampant mobile fraud. The Rwanda Utility Regulatory Authority (RURA) said anyone who wants a new SIM card or wants to complete a SIM swap will now have to go to their respective service providers’ service centres, agent shops or kiosks. All telecommunications...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

MTN Group has confirmed the renewal of its operating licence in Rwanda with effect from 1 July 2021. MTN Rwanda has paid 70% of the RWF91 billion (USD75.7 million) renewal fee, equivalent to around RWF64 billion, with the remaining 30% due by July 2022. The new concession is valid for ten years. The parent group said that the...

https://extensia-ltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1.png

MTN Rwanda has announced it is the first mobile network operator to list its shares on the Rwanda Stock Exchange (RSE). In early April the company announced approval by the Capital Market Authority (CMA) and the Rwanda Stock Exchange (RSE) of its listing by introduction on the RSE and the approval of Crystal Telecom’s (CTL) shareholders...